Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 9

SomeGuy

ATV/UTV/Snowmobile on road access

Post by SomeGuy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:37 am

With nearly every town around us allowing ATV's and snowmobiles on roads to access trails, I think its about time Timmins finally approves this. Seeing as they are obsessed with "tourism" and the best feature we have is the outdoors, people who come visit aren't even allowed to experience the outdoors without trailering their machines to a very limited amount of trail access points that have parking, and good luck finding them if your not from here. Areas such as Kirkland Lake, Cochrane, Gogama, Foleyete, Chapleau (not sure if Chapleau officially allows it but no one seems to care). Some people may say "Ya well they are small towns and it doesn't bother anyone". This really annoys me because guess what Sudbury has had this implemented for years and recently amended the by-law to also allow UTV's (Side by Sides) on roads as well. This is the most annoying part of living here since I've moved here 7 years ago and actually makes me not ride as often as I'd like to and I'm sure I'm not alone, who wants to load up their machine in their truck or trailer everytime you want to go on a trail especially when there is a trail entrance less than 5 minutes from your door?

ATV / Snowmobile allowable roads (Images)
http://postimg.org/image/ic98y2k5n/
http://postimg.org/image/uoc5bk80b/

Riskynet

Post by Riskynet » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Smooth Rock Falls always allowed it and they get around 50 to 100 snowmobiles per day visiting the area..... nothing wrong with that. The local gas station and restaurant are quite happy when winter rolls around.

ByronL
starter
starter

Post by ByronL » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:59 pm

In my opinion this should have been implemented years ago. I was hopeful for this when Todd Lever was a mayoral candidate as he had it in his platform. But of course as with most things in Timmins if its a good thing for the general public it doesn't seem to happen.

Loco101

Post by Loco101 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:45 pm

The way I've seen too many snowmobilers drive in Timmins this year, I don't support opening up more streets.

I would consider it if changes were made including higher insurance rates with more liability, only those 18 and over are allowed on streets and giving police the ability to seize a sled if rules aren't followed.

Head Honcho
Admin
Admin

Post by Head Honcho » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:10 am

Riding mowers and motorized golf carts should be allowed as well.

JosephMcCarthy

Post by JosephMcCarthy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:28 am

they do it anway... so just legalize it and get over it.

ByronL
starter
starter

Post by ByronL » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:31 pm

JohnW wrote:Riding mowers and motorized golf carts should be allowed as well.

I don't believe riding lawn mowers on the road is against the law, I'm pretty sure that's one thing that isn't covered under any laws at all.

Head Honcho
Admin
Admin

Post by Head Honcho » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:24 pm

JosephMcCarthy wrote:they do it anway... so just legalize it and get over it.
Oh I agree.. OPEN THE FLOOD GATES!!

Social Media